The Top 10 Amazing Apps You Didn’t Know About
Recently on reddit, /u/WildCard5 asked a very thought provoking question: “What’s your favourite app that no one knows about?” After scanning my phone for any unique or unknown apps, I noticed they were all mainstream. I dug through the thread for an hour and found some really useful and downright entertaining apps. I created a list with the top 10 as chosen by reddit with their functions; Enjoy!
1. FastCustomer – This app is great if you find yourself waiting on hold for long periods of time. Once you’re put on hold you can open the app, and when the app detects an agent is on, your phone will call you! How neat is that?
App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fastcustomer-fast-customer/id421471487?mt=8
Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.fastcustomer.com
2. French Girls – “Draw me like one of your French girls!” This app is great for a good laugh. Here’s how it works: You take a selfie of yourself, and anonymous users sattempts to draw that selfie, the results are hilarious.
App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/french-girls/id607904602?mt=8
Android Link unavailable.
3. Sleep Talk Recorder – Have you ever been told you talk in your sleep and say crazy stuff? Here’s the app for you. Open the app, lay it on top of your sheets, calibrate the sound, and fall asleep. This app will record all the crazy jabber you say in your sleep, it can be really interesting or disturbing.
4. Zombie, Run! - Aside from talking about it in your sleep, have you ever dreamed about being chased by a zombie mutant? Bring those dreams to reality with Zombie, Run! This app opens Google Maps and places zombies around the map that you have to avoid, bringing the horror of a zombie apocalypse to real life. This app is most fun with multiple people to play along.
App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombies-run!/id503519713?mt=8
Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sixtostart.zombiesrun
5. Rando - This app can make for some interesting photos; take a photo of something interesting around you, and it will send it to another user located in your area. The receiver of your photo has no context of what it is, but will only be told the location of where it came from; fun, right?
App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rando/id588683021?mt=8
Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ustwo.rando
6. Power Nap – Is it 2 PM? Feeling drowsy and tired yet you don’t have time for a long nap? This is the app for you. This app will monitor your stages of sleep while you’re sleeping, and wake you up when you’re in your lightest stage! The end result will leave you feeling rested and ready to complete your day feeling fresh. “There’s a nap for that.”
App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/power-nap-for-iphone/id788605895?mt=8
Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lemosys.powernap
7. RunPee - Yes, you read that right, this apps function is hilarious, and extremely useful. Ever been at the movie theater and had to use the restroom but didn’t want to miss the action? No worries, enter the movie title and what time is started into RunPee and it will calculate the best time to slip out and use the restroom as rated by other users; it will also give a summary of what you missed out on!
App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/runpee.com/id450326239?mt=8
Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.polygeek.runpee
8. Yik Yak – This app posts anonymous tweets that only the closest 500 people around you (who use the app) can see. It’s totally anonymous and gives no information about you to anyone reading your tweets. So go ahead, tweet your hearts true desires; no one can judge you!
App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yik-yak/id730992767?mt=8
Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yik.yak
9. Obstructer - Ever had to let someone borrow your phone to make a call and felt paranoid they were going through your texts and info? No need to worry, open Obstructor and your phones only function is able to make a call, unless you know the password that closes the app.
App Store Link: Unavailable
Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mshaw.avanos8.lite
10. Cloud Identifier - Okay, it’s in the name; this app is so useless, yet I find myself so amused by it. All you have to do is take a photo of a cloud, and it returns the cloud type with information on it. Cool, right?
App Store Link: Unavailable
Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloud.cloudidentifier
There you have it, have fun avoiding zombies and chasing clouds! Have any other apps you think are worth mentioning? Leave a comment below!
© 2014, Austin Braun. All rights reserved.